TWIN CITIES Birth Photography
+ Baby's First Day Sessions
Looking for a birth photographer in the Twin Cities AREA?
Serving birthing mamas throughout the Twin Cities -- Minneapolis, St. Paul, Buffalo, Waconia, Chanhassen, Chaska, Minnetonka, Maple Grove and more. Offering beautiful, tasteful documentary-style newborn birth photography coverage as your baby makes their way into this world. Your professional birth images will allow you and your family to be present before, during and after the birth, one of the most life-changing and incredible experiences in the world.
WHY CHOOSE PROFESSIONAL BIRTH PHOTOGRAPHY?
Our Minnesota birth photography services are an incredible keepsake for you and your family. Oftentimes, Dad or Grandma is left holding a camera and preparing to take dimly-lit images of THE most powerful/emotional/life-changing experience you'll ever encounter. We believe that you and your loved ones should be PRESENT and leave the life-altering image-taking to us.
Laura is "on-call" from 38 weeks onward will be present with you in your delivery room, birth center or home during your active birth (active contractions and awaiting the birth) through 2 hours post-partum as you and your loved ones get acquainted with this sweet little baby of yours.
Why Choose Laura?
My documentary style of birth photography centers around the emotions, strength, and relationships throughout the process. My images are tasteful and beautiful and are not meant to be graphic in nature (unless you specifically request more graphic images). I have been blessed to be invited to share in THE most incredible, memorable and life-changing events of my clients lives. They are no longer just clients, and I am no longer "just the photographer".... I love my clients, my clients love and support me and and my business, and treat me like family.
For half a decade, my husband and I have exclusively been trained as wedding photographers -- ok, how does that help you? I am highly trained in the art of anticipation. Not only do I know how to anticipate incredible moments, but I am an expert at finding the right light, documenting the events as they happen and providing you with unbelievably beautiful images of the most important times in your life.
And when you and your hubby are busy concentrating, pushing, breathing, and waiting.... I'll be there. I am a silent participant in this beautiful moment as your baby takes their first breaths, as daddy leans forward to kiss mama's forehead... as "big sister" meets her new sibling for the very first time.
I will always be your "primary" photographer for your birth experience -- Nathan is always available in the event that I is not (ie- another birth).
Don't settle for cell phone photos. And let your loved ones be present. Leave the storytelling to me. I promise that you'll absolutely love your birth story. I can't wait to meet you!
Your birth photography experience
I strive to provide you with an exceptional birth photography experience. My birth services include the following:
- Pre-baby birth consultation
- Confirm with hospital/birth center/midwife, etc. regarding photography policy. Please note: We MUST receive permission to photograph your birth; if no permission is granted, the birth photography contract is voided.
- Consultation around 30 weeks. Perfect to incorporate with your complimentary mini maternity portrait session (a great memento!)
- Discuss your intended birth location, birth plan and exchange of contact information (both yours and mine).
- Mini Maternity Session
- A mini maternity session is complimentary with any paid birth story reservation
- Sessions are available at our studio or nearby park (55328)
- For additional locations, wardrobe options, etc., you can upgrade to a custom maternity session
- 24/7 On-Call Status
- From 38 weeks through Delivery
- I provide 3 phone numbers available to you 24/7 leading up to your birth
- In the slim chance that I am unable to make it to your active birth (all babies are different... some come FAST!), I will provide you with a "Baby's First Day"/Fresh 48 session or a trusted backup photographer if available.
- Coverage from "Active Birth" through ~2 hours post-partum
- Once Laura arrives, and delivery room precautions are taken, Laura will begin to document your birth experience.
- As every birth is different, Laura will use her professional judgement on when/where/how to take photographs of the event
- This is "documentary-style" coverage... this is not a portrait session. Once active birth is complete and your baby has arrived, we will take some lifestyle-oriented portraits. "First family photo", baby meeting sibling(s) when applicable, meeting grandparents, etc.
- Sneak peek images within 24 hours; all images will be available within 7 days and delivered via online gallery and can be downloaded. Any prints may be ordered from the online gallery as well.
Ready to connect? Say Hello!
Baby's First Day
Fresh 48 documentary session
Not sure about a birth photographer? I would still love to tell the story of your baby's first day! Sometimes called "Fresh 48" sessions, these documentary-style photo sessions are ideal within the first 24-48 hours after birth, when baby is still brand new.
There are so many details you'll want to remember.... The fine, peach-fuzz baby hair. Baby's adorable, wrinkled baby rolls. The expression on your older daughter's face when she meets her new baby sister for the first time. The tears of joy that grandma cries when she meets her grandbaby for the first time.
Once your new baby arrives, I will join you at the hospital (or birth center, or at home) within 24 hours (the earlier, the better!). We will spend 1-2 hours together and I will document many details, large and small, of that life-changing day.
These are precious moments, and I cannot wait to document them for your family!