Birth Photography + Baby's First Day Sessions
Looking for a birth photographer in the Twin Cities and Western Suburbs?
We serve Minneapolis, Delano, Buffalo, Waconia, Chanhassen, Chaska, Minnetonka, Maple Grove and more. We offer beautiful, tasteful documentary-style newborn birth photography coverage as your baby makes their way into this world. Our images allow you and your family to be present before, during and after the birth, one of the most life-changing and incredible experiences in the world.
Why Birth Photography
Our Minnesota birth photography services are an incredible keepsake for you and your family. Oftentimes, Dad or Grandma is left holding a camera and preparing to take dimly-lit images of THE most powerful/emotional/life-changing experience you'll ever encounter. We believe that you and your loved ones should be PRESENT and leave the life-altering image-taking to us.
Laura is "on-call" from 38 weeks onward will be present with you in your delivery room, birth center or home during your active birth (active contractions and awaiting the birth) through 2 hours post-partum as you and your loved ones get acquainted with this sweet little baby of yours.
Why Choose Laura robinson photography for your Twin Cities birth photography experience
We provide emotional, documentary-style birth imagery that is tasteful and beautiful. We have been blessed to be invited to share in THE most incredible, memorable and life-changing events of our clients lives. They are no longer just clients, and we are no longer just photographers.... we love our clients, our clients love us, and treat us like family.
For half a decade, we have exclusively been trained as wedding photographers -- ok, how does that help you? We are highly trained in the art of anticipation. Not only do we know how to anticipate incredible moments, but we are experts at finding the right light, documenting the events as they happen and providing you with unbelievably beautiful images of the most important times in your life.
And when you and your hubby are busy concentrating, pushing, breathing, and waiting.... we'll be there. We are silent participants in this beautiful moment as your baby takes their first breaths, as daddy leans forward to kiss mama's forehead... as "big sister" meets her new sibling for the very first time.
Laura will always be your "primary" photographer for your birth experience -- Nathan is always available in the event that Laura is not (ie- another birth).
Don't settle for cell phone photos. And let your loved ones be present. Leave the storytelling to us. We promise that you'll absolutely love your birth story and we can't wait to be a part of it all.
What You Get With Us
We strive to provide you with an exceptional birth photography experience. Our services include the following:
- Pre-baby birth consultation
- Confirm with hospital/birth center/midwife, etc. regarding photography policy. Please note: We MUST receive permission to photograph your birth; if no permission is granted, the birth photography contract is voided.
- Consultation around 30 weeks. Perfect to incorporate with your maternity portrait session (a great memento!)
- Discuss your intended birth location, birth plan and exchange of contact information (both yours and mine).
- On-Call Status
- From 38 weeks through Delivery
- We provide 3 phone numbers available to you 24/7 leading up to your birth
- In the slim chance that we are unable to make it to your active birth (all babies are different... some come FAST!), we will provide you with a "New Arrival"/Fresh 48 session.
- Coverage from "Active Birth" through ~2 hours post-partum
- Once Laura arrives, and delivery room precautions are taken, Laura will begin to document your birth experience.
- As every birth is different, Laura will use her professional judgement on when/where/how to take photographs of the event
- This is "documentary-style" coverage... this is not a portrait session. Once active birth is complete and your baby has arrived, we will take some lifestyle-oriented portraits. "First family photo", baby meeting sibling(s) when applicable, meeting grandparents, etc.
- All images will be available within 7 days and delivered via online gallery and can be downloaded. Any prints may be ordered from the online gallery as well.
birth photography pricing
$1200 + tax
We believe in an all-inclusive approach to our birth photography. Your investment covers our on-call status, Laura's time + talent photographing your birth story, our signature black + white editing style and a gallery of high-resolution digital photos that you can use as you please. Color edits are available for single image and full gallery for an additional fee. Additional hours of coverage (after birth) may also be added.
PLEASE NOTE: We require confirmation that your hospital, birth center or other birthing facility will allow outside photographers to photograph your birth story. If confirmation and permission is not obtained, and we are refused access to the birth, we are not liable for any loss of coverage. We will provide you with a "Baby's First Day" session or credit towards a newborn session if we are denied access.
Payment in full OR a $250 non-refundable retainer is required to book your birth story on my calendar, with the remaining balance due by 36 weeks gestation.
Up to $450 savings, when added to Baby's first year plan + digital files included
If you add your Birth Story to our Baby's First Year Plan, you can save up to $450 versus a la carte pricing on our birth photography services. Check out our Packages by clicking the link below.
Featured Birth StorIES
Baby's First Day Pricing
$700 + tax
Not sure about a birth photographer? I would still love to tell the story of your baby's first day! There are so many details you'll want to remember.... the peach-fuzz baby hair, the wrinkled baby rolls, the expression on your older daughter's face when she meets her new baby sister for the first time.
Once your new baby arrives, I will join you at the hospital (or birth center, or at home) within 24 hours. We will spend 1-2 hours together and I will document many details, large and small, of that life-changing day.