associate photographer Program
We're growing our team!
So, first things first.... do you LOVE weddings? Ok, great, that's the first step! Do you love photography? Excellent, this is a must for us. Photographs have the power to document history, to preserve a legacy and to truly change lives. In a society where cameras are literally in the palm of our hands nearly 24/7, what makes professional photography so special?
Skill. Precision. Dedication. Anticipation. Experience. Especially when it comes to "once in a lifetime moments" like weddings, it is vital to ensure the right people are in place with the right tools to capture it all! Because "once in a lifetime moments" do not get Do-Overs.
As Laura Robinson Photography has grown, we are now looking to hire additional associate photographers to offer an additional price point for inquiring brides who love our style, but perhaps cannot afford to hire Laura + Nathan.
Many lesser experienced photographers have no idea what it really takes to run the BUSINESS side of a successful (and profitable) photography studio. This isn't just about picking up a camera, taking some photos and getting paid. There is so much more to it.... paying taxes, buying insurance, managing expenses and payroll, ensuring you have professional gear AND backup gear, continuing to invest in photography education and conferences, having a solid workflow, knowing how to edit images, backing up and storing digital files, marketing and networking to continue growing the business, and so much more. This is all a huge reason that many photographers never make it as "full-time" professionals who can actually make a living at their craft.
We are keenly aware that there are MANY couples out there who just do not have the budget to afford a photographer that costs several thousand dollars or more, no matter how important photography is to them. We've been there!
But there is also a place and time for photographers who have a passion for weddings, but do not care for the business side of things, to have an outlet for pursuing their craft.
That's where we come in!
If you're looking for a way to photograph weddings and not have to worry about the business side of things, read below and connect with us if this sounds like you or someone you know!
The LRP Associate Photographer Program
We are looking for 2-3 experienced associate photographers. Specifically, we are looking for LEAD PHOTOGRAPHERS, who may also act as second photographers to Laura or Nathan. Ideally, these photographers have photographed at least 3-5 weddings, preferably as a lead photographer. Photographers with primarily second photographer experience may also be considered, depending on the quality of work.
NOTE: All associate photographers will photograph weddings exclusively as LRP associates under our brand, and be required to sign non-disclosure and non-compete agreements.
- We take care of a majority of the business-side of the client relationship: lead management, client communications, questionnaires, billing, contracts, etc. Though you will have some contact with the couples outside of the engagement + wedding!
- We edit all images from the engagement and wedding day
- We pay you a flat rate based on package booked (Depending on Experience Level) to book the wedding date, photograph the wedding and deliver all images to us
- We are able to offer a second tier of pricing to inquiring clients while you still get to do what you love and we do most of the work!
- We will build off of your current photography knowledge and train you in our style over time
- You LOVE weddings
- You love people
- You have a warm, charismatic personality
- You love photography and know how to work your gear
- You're cool as a cucumber under stress
- You are well-organized and on-time
- You have reliable transportation
- You have your own professional camera(s) and lenses
- You understand that almost all weddings take place on Saturdays (or other weekend days) and that almost all weddings in Minnesota take place between the months of May and October (and you're ok to spend summer weekends photographing a wedding!)
- You have a portfolio of work that we can see
- Preferably, you have photographed weddings in the past
- You love to take photos, but you don't want to run the "business side" of things
You would have to be willing to shoot weddings and engagements exclusively under the Laura Robinson Photography brand (I don't mind if you shoot portraits on your own), so please consider that when applying. Of course, experience and personality is huge, and would be given preference. We're looking to hire photographers who are very out-going, friendly and kind to represent the LRP brand well. If that sounds like you or you know of someone, please fill out the form below.
We're excited to meet you!
Fill out the form below to be considered.
Ready for the next step? Apply Below!
We look forward to learning more about you! Thanks for filling this out. Please note, I will only be contacting those who I feel fit our needs at this time. Thank you!